During the graduation application, the GMBA office also follows up on your thesis progress. Thus, you are also required to submit the current draft of your thesis.
In general, the thesis draft should show the progress you made from your thesis proposal and should be a reasonably complete document.
If you are writing an Academic Thesis or Case Study, the committee is generally hoping to see:
1. A clear introduction chapter explaining the background and motivation for the study.
2. A completed or near complete literature review chapter discussing the major literature applicable to your study.
3. Clear research questions that you are pursuing in your study and which follow logically from your literature review.
4. A clear and complete method chapter that explains how you will be conducting the research. Depending on the method you are using, the committee also wants to see the data collection tool such as the survey.
5. At least an initial draft that starts discussing the data you are collecting (even if it is just initial data or data you expect to find). That is to say, we hope to see evidence that data collection is underway.
If you are writing a Business Plan, the committee hopes to see:
1. A clear and complete Business Description. What is the business about? What services/products are offered?
2. Business objectives, and description of products and services.
3. A clear and complete market research chapter explaining what data is to be collected and how the data will be collected. And at least a draft that starts talking about the data which is being collected (even if it is just initial data or data you expect to find). That is to say, we hope to see evidence that data collection is underway.
4. A draft chapter that talks about the organization and management strategy.
5. At draft chapter discussing the marketing and sales strategy.
6. A draft chapter discussing the financial management of the organisation.
In all cases, the thesis draft should follow correct Academic Formatting and good Academic English
The thesis draft along with the other requested documents are used to determine approval of your graduation application.
If you need any help with this process, please contact the Thesis Committee Coordinator.