The E.SUN Volunteer & Social welfare Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the Foundation) promotes talent exchanges with ASEAN countries and encourages outstanding ASEAN students to come to Taiwan to study. With the purpose of cultivating outstanding talents of ASEAN with international professionalism and competence, the Foundation specially set up the E.SUN Bank ASEAN Scholarship.
Application eligibility and partner schools
1. Eligibility: An applicant who holds a citizenship of Cambodia, Vietnam or Myanmar applies for a master's degree and is admitted to a partner school may apply.
2. Patner schools: National Taiwan University, National Chengchi University, National Taipei University, and other universities that cooperate with the ASEAN countries.
Scholarship amount and quota
1. Awardee receives total NTD 100,000 for one academic year, distributed in two semesters.
2. The number of scholarship awardees shall be decided and allocated by the Selection Committee.
Applicants can fill in an application form either on the website or by the partner schools. Application materials mentioned below shall be submitted to the responsible office in the partner schools.
1. Application form: Including autobiography, career planning, and others.
2. Admission letter or Enrollment certificate
3. Photocopy of the passport or residence permit
4. Other supplementary documents: such as transcripts, language proficiency test scores, other outstanding performance certificates, etc.
1. The Foundation sets up a Selection Committee to perform the application reviewing in a fair and cautious manner.
2. Selection timeline:
1) Application submission: Applicants must submit the application materials to the partner schools during the application period.
2) Recommendation collecting: The partner schools will provide a list of recommended applicants to the Foundation together with their application materials.
3) Reviewing: Selection Committee will review the application materials and schedule telephone interviews if needed.
4) Result reveal: A final list of awardees will be approved by the Foundation and notified by the partner schools. Their names will also be published on the Foundation's website.
5) Awarding ceremony: The awardees shall attend an awarding ceremony organized by the Foundation.
1. In order to encourage the awardees to share their learning experiences and give back to the society, the Foundation will invite the awardees to participate in various occasions of experience exchanging and E.Sun public welfare activities from time to time.
2. In the year of award, the awardees shall submit a latest enrollment certificate, a semester transcript, study reports and/or reports about participating in the activities organized by E.Sun. This is to ensure the qualification of receiving the scholarship. Each semester the awardee’s academic performance should meet at least one of the following conditions:
1) Top 30% of the class results
2) GPA 3.0 or above or equivalent evaluation method
3) Other special outstanding performance approved by the Foundation
3. Current awardees may have a chance to receive scholarships again in the second academic year after reviewing by the Foundation.
4. E.Sun Bank may give priority to the awardees for internship and employment opportunities within the corporation, but reserve the rights to grant the final admission.
5. The Foundation may terminate the scholarship offering in the condition of perceiving the awardee has violated the purpose of setting up the scholarship.
Application Form click here
Please turn in all the required documents and application form to GMBA Office before Aug. 31, 2018.
Contact person: Yvonne Chen